Lead your team to deliver high-quality practice for toddlers.
Duration: A full day course
Who should attend: Room leaders and managers
What will I learn?
The toddler room leader has overall responsibility for all aspects of practice within their room.
In the early years sector, people can often be promoted into leadership roles based on their early years expertise and knowledge. Critical leadership skills are an essential part of a room leaders CPD.
This course will cover the skills and attributes required of good and effective toddler room leaders. Good leaders have a strong sense of purpose, a clear vision and high aspirations for children’s achievement. They communicate effectively, lead by example and understand how to implement legislation and government guidance into daily practice. Room leaders holding these leadership qualities will lead their team to provide high quality practice for toddlers.
Course key topics
- The key skills of being a good leader
- What communication skills leaders need
- Create a quality vision for a toddler room
- The importance of reflection & evaluation to successful leadership
- Key aspects of leading on high quality parent partnerships
- SMART targets and clear goals
- How to provide a safe emotional environment for toddlers
- Strategies to support co-regulation
- Assess the environment for inspiration, imagination and curiosity
- Care routines to build respectful, trusting relationships with children
Prices are based on up to 16 delegates (we recommend 10 as a minimum). A small extra charge applies for extra delegates. You will receive a certificate of attendance to demonstrate your ongoing professional development.
|Full day weekday||Full day Saturday|
Find out more:
For more information contact our training team by calling 01484 40 70 70 or email [email protected]