A full-day in-house training course for practitioners responsible for the care, education and development of two-year-olds.
Duration: Full day
Who should attend: Suitable for early years practitioners working with children aged two.
What will I learn?
Two-year-olds are terrific. They are inquisitive individuals, unique in their interests and developing abilities. Two-year-olds go through rapid phases of development in all areas, especially physically and emotionally. This can be overwhelming for them and also for those around them.
Working with two years old is a privilege and what you do in the time you are with them can make a difference for the rest of their lives.
This course covers key areas of development for two-year-olds including communication and language development. You will understand how to meet the individual needs of two-year-olds and how secure emotional environments will benefit two-year-olds in your care. You will learn what effective practice looks like for two-year-olds and how to create enabling physical environments. The course will cover effective strategies to involve and engage all parents in their toddler’s learning, development and care.
- Identify the key areas of development for two-year-olds
- The importance of brain development
- Secure attachments for two-year-olds, including the role of key adults
- What a quality emotional environment looks like for two-year-olds
- Key characteristics that support two-year-olds to become lifelong learners
- The benefits of enabling indoor physical environments for two-year-olds
- Outdoor exploration for two-year-olds
- How to communicate effectively when working with parents of two-year-olds.
|Full day weekday||Full day Saturday|
Find out more:
For more information contact our training team by calling