Early years providers must train all staff in understanding safeguarding policy and procedures, and ensure staff have up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding issues.
NDNA offers two options for basic safeguarding and child protection training for nurseries: online or face to face.
Find out about our face to face training below.
Face to face training details
Duration: Full and half day – in-house training
Who should attend: Suitable for all early years practitioners working with young children.
What the course includes:
- Understanding what is required by the law
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Understanding how to respond to disclosures and reporting procedures
- Understanding your Local Authority’s procedures
- Exploring the Prevent Duty.
Additional topics included in our full day course:
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- In depth detail on topics such as FGM, honour-based violence and breast ironing
- Interactive quizzes and group activities.
Prices are based on up to 16 delegates (we recommend 10 as a minimum). A small extra charge applies for extra delegates. You will receive a certificate of attendance to demonstrate your ongoing professional development.
|Half Day||Full Day||Half Day||Full Day|