Vital for lifelong learning – Embed the Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning in your setting.
Duration: Full day
Who should attend: All childcare practitioners
What will I learn?
This NDNA childcare course will help you understand the three key ‘Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning’ – Engagement, Motivation, and Thinking. These characteristics must be central to the planning and guiding of children’s activities.
Under the new Early Years Inspection Handbook 2022, Ofsted inspectors will observe directly the way in which children demonstrate the key characteristics of effective learning. This course will help you show to Ofsted how you incorporate the COETL into your practice.
- Understand how children are born to learn and key policy recommendations
- The adult role in implementing the COETL in practice
- The EYFS in relation to the COETL
- Expectations from Ofsted in the Early Years Handbook 2022
- Showing Ofsted how you evaluate your practice regarding the COETL
- Motivating children to learn
Book this childcare course for your nursery: Please call
Prices are based on up to 16 delegates (we recommend 10 as a minimum). A small extra charge applies for extra delegates. You will receive a certificate of attendance to demonstrate your ongoing professional development.
|Full day weekday||Full day Saturday|
Find out more:
For more information contact our training team by calling