Duration: Full day
Who should attend: Owners, managers, practitioners, room leaders, SENCO’s etc.
What will I learn
Observation enables us to understand how a child develops, learns and progresses.
This course will support you to embed the process of observation, assessment and planning as a central part of everyday early years practice. You will learn how to become a confident and articulate observer of children’s development and learning. You will understand how observation, assessment and planning informs the curriculum and the connections between practice, theory and your statutory duties.
You will be better able to support children right from the start, seeing them progress along their own individual learning pathway.
Course key topics
- Understand the process of observation, assessment and planning
- Recognise how observation, assessment and planning links to theory, practice and statutory duties
- Know the types of assessment and how they support your practice
- Develop the use of reflective practice in the observation process
- Make connections between the theory of child development and practice
- Support the use of summative assessment to map children’s development
- Understand how observation, assessment and planning informs the curriculum.
Prices are based on up to 16 delegates (we recommend 10 as a minimum). A small extra charge applies for extra delegates. You will receive a certificate of attendance to demonstrate your ongoing professional development.
|Full day weekday||Full day Saturday|
Find out more:
For more information contact our training team by calling