Strategies to support and encourage positive behaviour in young children.
Duration: Full day
Who should attend: Suitable for all early years practitioners working with children of all ages.
What will I learn?
Regulatory bodies expect nurseries to have high expectations for children’s behaviour, attitudes and personal development.
This course will provide a range of strategies to support positive behaviour. The training will help you to understand the reasons and triggers for behaviours that challenge, such as not sharing, biting and using inappropriate language. You will learn how to create a positive behaviour environment and the strategies to use to effectively respond to common behaviours. The course also covers self-regulation, executive function and the importance of parental partnerships.
- The expectations of the statutory guidance and regulatory bodies
- The impact of self-regulation, executive function and empathy in relation to behaviour
- Using focussed observation, analyse the cause of some behaviours that challenge
- Creating positive behaviour environments, including differentiation and staff approaches
- Strategies to support positive behaviour
- Conflict resolution and saying “Sorry.”
- The importance of strong parental partnerships.
To book this childcare course for your nursery please call
Prices are based on up to 16 delegates (we recommend 10 as a minimum). A small extra charge applies for extra delegates. You will receive a certificate of attendance to demonstrate your ongoing professional development.
|Full Day Weekday||Full Day Saturday|
Find out more:
For more information contact our training team by calling 01484 40 70 70 or email email@example.com