What will I learn?
Research tells us that a child’s language development at the age of 2 years can predict children’s performance on entry to primary school and their future educational success.
The earliest years are crucial for a child’s future achievement and it is incredibly important that early years practitioners have the skills and knowledge to support and develop each individual child’s communication and language skills. This is particularly important for children that come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
NDNA’s online course will help practitioners to create a nursery environment that is effective for developing language and vocabulary. It is designed to give practitioners the ability to support children’s vocabulary and early language skills.
Key topics include
- Develop strategies for identifying and supporting children with communication difficulties, including children with English as an additional language (EAL) and non-verbal children
- Understand theoretical perspectives on language development in relation to own practice
- Developing a language rich environment
- The magic of stories to support and develop vocabulary
- Home learning environment – strategies to support language development
Duration: 2-3 hours
Access this course from as little as £5 with our Online Training Bundles
After purchasing this course, you will receive a separate email within 1 working day containing your enrolment key and instructions for accessing the course.Enrolment keys provided by NDNA are intended for single, individual use in conjunction with a valid NDNA Development Zone account. The enrolment period for online courses is 180 days from first use. Keys are non-transferable once purchased and no refunds can be given once the key has been used to access a course.