NDNA recognises the challenges settings can face with supporting Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
NDNA’s SEND Champions programme will help to build the confidence and skills of your practitioners through structured activities and online training.
It is led by your ‘Champion’ member of staff and builds your practitioners’ confidence in SEND provision, to further support children with additional needs at your setting. It is initially a year-long programme, with the option to extend.
The programme includes:
- An audit of your current SEND confidence, knowledge, positive relationships and enabling environment and resources
- Action plans to continue development after completion of the project
- Access to a whole host of support to develop your confidence, knowledge and practice with your staff team
- Upon completion, a certificate of participation to demonstrate your dedication to developing SEND provision for the children at your setting
- A closed SEND Champions Facebook group to network with other Champions and share ideas
Note: this programme is relevant for England-only settings.