This programme will increase practitioner knowledge, awareness and confidence in supporting early mathematics in order to improve outcomes for children.
100% of settings said that their knowledge of supporting children’s mathematical development improved during the course of the programme.
Participating nurseries will nominate a Maths Champion and Deputy Maths Champion who will lead the programme supporting and driving improvement.
- Three bespoke training courses to develop and consolidate the Champions’ knowledge enabling them to lead, inspire and motivate other staff
- An observational assessment tool which can be used to track the impact on a sample of children throughout the programme
- Self-assessment audits of the learning environment and staff confidence to help you consider where you feel you are currently and what you could do to improve
- 10 play-based activities designed to be embedded in regular practice to help staff develop confidence and support children’s maths learning through play and interactions
- An extensive resources section with up to 700 resources for you to access as and when needed including downloadable materials, research articles and practical activities to further support knowledge and awareness
- Live webinars covering a range of topics related to early years mathematics
- Network with other Champions via private social media groups
- Tailored one-to-one support sessions throughout the programme
“Being involved in the Maths Champion programme has been an amazing experience and one which will impact on the children and staff for years to come.”
– Nursery School