Positive Behaviour in Early Years – Live Virtual Classroom
This Live Virtual Classroom training consists of 4 x 90 minute modules that will be delivered 1 module at a time. The course will be completed over a period of 2 weeks with a gap task between each module.
Duration: 4 x 90 minute modules
Who should attend: Suitable for all early years practitioners working with children of all ages.
What you learn on the course:
Regulatory bodies expect nurseries to have high expectations for children’s behaviour, attitudes and personal development.
This course will provide a range of strategies to support positive behaviour. The training will help you to understand the reasons and triggers for behaviours that challenge, such as not sharing, biting and using inappropriate language. You will learn how to create a positive behaviour environment and the strategies to use to effectively respond to common behaviours. The course also covers self-regulation, executive function and the importance of parental partnerships.
• The expectations of the statutory guidance and regulatory bodies
• The impact of self-regulation, executive function and empathy in relation to behaviour
• Using focussed observation, analyse the cause of some behaviours that challenge
• Creating positive behaviour environments, including differentiation and staff approaches
• Strategies to support positive behaviour
• Conflict resolution and saying "Sorry."
• The importance of strong parental partnerships.
To book please use the buttons below or contact NDNA's training department on: 01484 40 70 70 ext 228
Before your session
Before your session
If you have never attended a Live Virtual Classroom with NDNA before, it is advisable to log onto a test session prior to your training commencing. A test session will be live between 15:30 and 16:30 every Wednesday. NDNA uses Adobe Connect for live virtual classroom delivery.
Unique login Instructions:
You will receive your unique login in the order confirmation email.
Test your connection (anytime):
Join the NDNA test session (between 15:30 and 16:30 every Wednesday):
Get a quick overview:
What you will need:
• A desktop computer or laptop is recommended
• We do not recommend using a mobile phone or tablet (these are not suitable for course materials being presented and participation in course activities)
• A headset or earphones that have a microphone (your smartphone earphones should suffice, an inbuilt microphone may be used but sound quality is often better with a headset)
• Access to the internet with a reliable connection
• A quiet space to enable you to use your microphone.
Terms & Conditions
8.12 Cancellation of a Live Virtual Classroom place -– if a customer wishes to cancel a place on our Live Virtual Classroom by giving more than 14 days’ notice, a full refund will be made. If notice of cancellation is less than 14 days, no refund will be paid.
8.12.1 If instead of cancellation, a customer notifies us less than 14 days before the event of their wish to swap onto a different Live Virtual Classroom course, the customer will be charged an administration fee of 25% of the original booking fee (inc VAT).
8.12.2 The customer must select the course they would like to swap to within 48 hours of notifying us of the intended swap. If NDNA is not alerted within 48 hours, the initial booking fee will not be refunded and NDNA will not be able to carry out the swap. All swaps are subject to NDNA’s discretion and course availability.
See full terms & conditions here
- Title: Positive Behaviour - Module 1
- Start Time: 09/01/2024 13:15
- End Time: 09/01/2024 15:00
- Title: Positive Behaviour - Module 2
- Start Time: 12/01/2024 13:30
- End Time: 12/01/2024 15:00
- Title: Positive Behaviour - Module 3
- Start Time: 16/01/2024 13:30
- End Time: 16/01/2024 15:00
- Title: Positive Behaviour - Module 4
- Start Time: 19/01/2024 13:30
- End Time: 19/01/2024 15:00
09/01/2024 - 19/01/2024