Advanced Safeguarding – Live Virtual Classroom
This Live Virtual Classroom training consists of 4 x 90 minute modules that will be delivered 1 module at a time. The course will be completed over a period of 2 weeks with a gap task between each module.
The online Train the Trainer course is completed following the completion of the 4 LVC modules
Duration: 4 x 90 minute modules and online training course
Who should attend: Nursery professionals acting as the DSLs. Learners must complete a basic safeguarding course such as NDNA's basic safeguarding training beforehand. This course is suitable for England only settings.
What you learn on part one of the course (via online Live Virtual Classroom session):
• Assess the roles and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead
• Review key legislation and how this impacts on safeguarding practice
• Describe practice for dealing with allegations against staff
• Examine key aspects of record keeping, monitoring absence, information sharing and GDPR
• Put into practice a range of strategies to support online safety for children, parents and staff
• Describe signs of abuse, including FGM, HBA, breast ironing, CALFB, Child Sexual Exploitation and Child Criminal Exploitation – County Lines
• Risk and vulnerability factors, including the toxic trio and the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on child development
• Identify actions when concerns meet the threshold and review what happens at a child protection conference and local child safeguarding practice reviews
• Evaluate own practice in regard to safeguarding practices with a safeguarding audit
What you learn on part two of the course (online Train the Trainer Course):
This course provides you with the practical skills and knowledge to train your team with the Basic Child Protection course (available once you have completed Train the Trainer course). Topics include:
• How to train a staff team
• The teaching and learning cycle
• Identifying barriers to learning and;
• How to download the training resources for your team.
NDNA Development Zone ASG Area:
You will have full access to the Development Zone ASG area once you have completed the full day course. Resources include:
• A handbook with power point slides and all materials from the face to face course
• Train the Trainer course
• Basic Child Protection training course
• 4 newsletters per year to keep you up-to-date with the latest updates, news and resources, plus safeguarding activity ideas for staff meetings
• Certificates for the training courses
To book please use the buttons below or contact NDNA's training department on: 01484 40 70 70 ext 228
Before your session
If you have never attended a Live Virtual Classroom with NDNA before, it is advisable to log onto a test session prior to your training commencing. A test session will be live between 15:30 and 16:30 every Wednesday. NDNA uses Adobe Connect for live virtual classroom delivery.
Unique login Instructions:
You will receive your unique login in the order confirmation email.
Test your connection (anytime):
Join the NDNA test session (between 15:30 and 16:30 every Wednesday):
Get a quick overview:
What you will need:
• A desktop computer or laptop is recommended
• We do not recommend using a mobile phone or tablet (these are not suitable for course materials being presented and participation in course activities)
• A headset or earphones that have a microphone (your smartphone earphones should suffice, an inbuilt microphone may be used but sound quality is often better with a headset)
• Access to the internet with a reliable connection
• A quiet space to enable you to use your microphone and camera.
Terms & Conditions
8.12 Cancellation of a Live Virtual Classroom place -– if a customer wishes to cancel a place on our Live Virtual Classroom by giving more than 14 days’ notice, a full refund will be made. If notice of cancellation is less than 14 days, no refund will be paid.
8.12.1 If instead of cancellation, a customer notifies us less than 14 days before the event of their wish to swap onto a different Live Virtual Classroom course, the customer will be charged an administration fee of 25% of the original booking fee (inc VAT).
8.12.2 The customer must select the course they would like to swap to within 48 hours of notifying us of the intended swap. If NDNA is not alerted within 48 hours, the initial booking fee will not be refunded and NDNA will not be able to carry out the swap. All swaps are subject to NDNA’s discretion and course availability.
See full terms & conditions here
- Title: Advanced Safeguarding - Module 1
- Start Time: 18/03/2024 13:15
- End Time: 18/03/2024 15:00
- Title: Advanced Safeguarding - Module 2
- Start Time: 21/03/2024 13:30
- End Time: 21/03/2024 15:00
- Title: Advanced Safeguarding - Module 3
- Start Time: 25/03/2024 13:30
- End Time: 25/03/2024 15:00
- Title: Advanced Safeguarding - Module 4
- Start Time: 28/03/2024 13:30
- End Time: 28/03/2024 15:00
18/03/2024 - 28/03/2024