Improve the outcomes and experiences of children with SEND with NDNA’s Send Awareness in Early Years online course.
What will I learn?
Early years practitioners recognise that all children are unique and all have their individual needs. However, some children face challenges that impact on their learning and development. In order to nurture these children fully, it is crucial that practitioners are armed with a professional curiosity, knowledge and a willingness to create inclusive and supportive environments.
This introductory course will deepen the knowledge of practitioners in the early years and support better outcomes for young children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Key topics include:
• Recognise what is meant by Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
• Know your own role and responsibilities in relation to SEND and understand how this links to the role of SEND lead.
• Understand the importance of early identification and intervention.
• Recognise what an inclusive environment for children with SEND might look like
• Identify ways to involve parents and families in their child’s early education
• Relate the knowledge gained in this course to relevant scenarios.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Access this course from as little as £2.50 with our Short Course Training Bundle
After purchasing this course, you will receive a separate email within 1 working day containing your enrolment key and instructions for accessing the course.Enrolment keys provided by NDNA are intended for single, individual use in conjunction with a valid NDNA Development Zone account. The enrolment period for online courses is 180 days from first use. Keys are non-transferable once purchased and no refunds can be given once the key has been used to access a course.