Support children’s early literacy by developing your storytelling skills with our ‘Creative Storytelling in the Early Years’ online course.
What will I learn?
This online course will help you understand why reading is important in early years.
You will learn how to create exciting storytelling environments and experiences for children. You will understand what makes a story exciting and how to develop your own storytelling skills.
It gives practical tips on engaging children in books and bringing stories to life as well as key strategies for engaging parents in storytelling activities.
Key topics include
- Why reading is important for young children
- Develop your own storytelling skills
- Identify how to develop a passion for reading in young children
- The importance of providing a range of diverse story books
- How to review your own story provision using a story audit
- Strategies for supporting parents with their child’s reading
- Identify practical ideas to create exciting storytelling spaces.
Duration: 2-3 hours
Access this course from as little as £5 with our Online Training Bundles
After purchasing this course, you will receive a separate email within 1 working day containing your enrolment key and instructions for accessing the course.Enrolment keys provided by NDNA are intended for single, individual use in conjunction with a valid NDNA Development Zone account. The enrolment period for online courses is 180 days from first use. Keys are non-transferable once purchased and no refunds can be given once the key has been used to access a course.