We are currently in the process of updating the course in line with the EYFS 2023.
The following three changes apply to the EYFS Statutory Framework, from 4 September 2023:
- The current statutory minimum staff: child ratios in England for 2-year-olds changes from 1:4 to 1:5
- Childminders can care for more than the specified maximum of three young children if they are caring for siblings of children they already care for, or if the childminder is caring for their own child;
- Clarifying that ‘adequate supervision’ while children are eating means that children must be within sight and hearing of an adult’
What will I learn?The aim of the introductory course is to provide a basic overview of the Statutory framework for the EYFS: September 2021.This course is free for NDNA members and is ideal for those new to the sector.
- Key topics:
- Key changes between the Statutory Framework for the EYFS (2017) and the Statutory Framework for the EYFS 2021
- How to implement the educational programmes and the learning and development requirements
- The overarching principles of the EYFS and early learning goals
- Assessment in the EYFS
- Safeguarding and welfare requirements.
Duration: 2-3 hour
After purchasing this course, you will receive a separate email within 1 working day containing your enrolment key and instructions for accessing the course.Enrolment keys provided by NDNA are intended for single, individual use in conjunction with a valid NDNA Development Zone account. The enrolment period for online courses is 180 days from first use. Keys are non-transferable once purchased and no refunds can be given once the key has been used to access a course.