Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2022 comes into force from 1 September 2022 and replaces KCSIE 2021.
The substantive changes are included in Annex F of the document and include:
- New paragraph setting out that children may not feel ready or know how to tell someone they are being abused
- New paragraph added on Domestic Abuse
- Peer-on-peer abuse replaced with child-on-child abuse
- New paragraph explaining how safeguarding and child protection training will help trustees
- Clarity on the role of proprietors when considering filters and monitoring and ensuring the effectiveness is regularly reviewed
- Clarity on the process for sharing low-level concerns
- Importance of understanding intra familial harms and any necessary support for siblings following incidents
- Updated links in Annex B for further information and support.