Here you will find a range of useful links to support you through parenthood throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
- BHFNC: resources to ensure babies and young children are getting the recommended amount physical activity
- Contact a Family: advice, information and support for families with disabled children
- Little People’s Plates: advice and information on nutrition and healthy eating for young children.
- NCT: pregnancy, birth and parenthood advice
- Netmums: online community for parents from pregnancy through to childcare with information and forums
- Potty Genius: Potty training resources
- Tax credits calculator
- The Family Fund: helps families with severely disabled or seriously ill children with grants
- The Infant & Toddler Forum – Ten Steps for a Healthy Pregnancy
- The Lullaby Trust, Public Health England, Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative and Basis (Baby Sleep Info Source, Durham University) have a range of resources for parents and health professionals on reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- My activity Passport: a government resource with an editable activity checklist for children under 11. See it here
- Window blind safety – free impartial advice on how to make your existing window blinds child safe and what to look for in new blinds
- Coram Family and Childcare: search information available to parents
- Government advice on paying for childcare
- Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Tax-Free Childcare: top ten things parents should know about the new Tax-Free Childcare scheme
- Change4Life: advice to make positive changes, to eat well and to live longer
- Food and Health Guidelines for Early years and Childcare Settings in Wales
- Wales Family Information Service (FIS)
Need some advice now?
You’ll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions in our FAQ section.