Communication and Interaction – Live Virtual Classroom
Duration: 2 x 90-minute modules
Who should attend: Managers, Owners, Practitioners, Room Leaders and SENCO’s
What will I learn?
‘The most fundamental life skill for children is the ability to communicate. It directly impacts on their ability to learn, to develop friendships and on their life chances’
Bercow, ‘Ten Years On’, 2018
As early years practitioners we know that the development of speech, language and communication skills is crucial for all children. However, when working with children with delayed development, learning difficulties or SEND who may have a variety of speech, language and communication needs (SLCN), it is important to look closely at our provision, practice and setting systems to enable us to more effectively support these children in developing their skills
This practically focused course is designed for all early years practitioners working with a range of children with SEND, learning difficulties or delayed development, to provide them with a ‘toolkit’ of communication strategies.
Across the two modules the course aims to:
• Extend practitioner confidence and skills when working with a range of children with SLCN, including older early years children who are at a pre language/nonverbal level of communication
• Underscore the importance of clear setting systems and the development of key strategies that will support children with a range of speech, language and communication needs.
Course key topics
• Recognise the importance of the development of speech, language and communication skills in early years
• Evaluate systems to aid early identification of SLCN in the setting
• Understand the importance of non-verbal communication and listening skills
• Identify key practitioner skills for working with children with SLCN
• Appraise the setting environment to aid communication for children with SLCN and SEND/ALN
• Consider the practical application of a range of visual supports in the daily routine.
£51 for members
£68 for non-members
Before your session
If you have never attended a Live Virtual Classroom with NDNA before, please log on to a test session prior to your learning event. A test session will be live between 15:30 and 16:30 every Wednesday.
Unique login Instructions:
These will be sent to you via e-mail the previous working day before your 1st module
Test your connection (anytime):
Join the NDNA test session:
Get a quick overview:
Terms & Conditions
8.12 Cancellation of a Live Virtual Classroom place -– if a customer wishes to cancel a place on our Live Virtual Classroom by giving more than 14 days’ notice, a full refund will be made. If notice of cancellation is less than 14 days, no refund will be paid.
8.12.1 If instead of cancellation, a customer notifies us less than 14 days before the event of their wish to swap onto a different Live Virtual Classroom course, the customer will be charged an administration fee of 25% of the original booking fee (inc VAT).
8.12.2 The customer must select the course they would like to swap to within 48 hours of notifying us of the intended swap. If NDNA is not alerted within 48 hours, the initial booking fee will not be refunded and NDNA will not be able to carry out the swap. All swaps are subject to NDNA’s discretion and course availability.
Full Terms & Conditions can be found here
- Title: Communication and Interaction - Module 1
- Start Time: 07/09/2022 09:45
- End Time: 07/09/2022 11:30
- Title: Communication and Interaction - Module 2
- Start Time: 14/09/2022 10:00
- End Time: 14/09/2022 11:30
07/09/2022 - 14/09/2022